Thursday, June 21, 2007

How Green Are you?

Anya Hindmarch Bag

bag.jpg

Aussie IGA Green Bag!
Green Bag
90% Organic Cotton Top - I have the black one ;)




I was begging Rosi G. from NY to send me a couple of the "I'm not a plastic bag" bag on msn last night lol, Anya Hindmarch designed this cotton bag and they were all sold out in the UK. It is now available in NY! If you can get your hands on a couple of these bags, please hook a sista up!! I WANT ONE... PLLLEASSEEEE!

While we was in Australia in 2005 (wow, has it been two years?!) I bought six reusable bags from IGA (Independent Grocerers of Australia), they sell these reusable green bags at grocery stores, since then I've been looking for reusable bags here in the U.S. to replace the ones I bought and they are no where to be found. I use these green bags everywhere I go, including here at work, we had a party and my co-workers laughed at me... I reminded them how plastic bags are piling up in landfill, we all should be more conscience about what we do, what are we doing to the environment? and what we are leaving behind for our children? I just wish the U.S. grocers offer the reusable bags! lol.. laugh all you want, but I know I'm doing the right the for mother earth hahahah :)


Speaking of being living green... whenever possible, I try to buy as much organic produce and products as possible. From milk, strawberries, clothes to peanut butter, my recommendation is the Mara Natha organic peanut butter, ooh sooo yummy!

The other thing on the Honey-Do list for Kerry is, install a couple of rain barrels for the house. Not only does it conserve rain water, it also saves our water bill! Now getting the right design and placement is another story lol.


Here are some links for thos interested in this project.

HGTV
Rain Barrel Guide

Aron's Rain Barrel
Aqua Barrel

As some of you already know... I'm working on stocking organic butters and oils as we speak, I hope to bring them in stock real soon. Stay tuned!