One  of the 12 runner-up winners will be chosen to be on the cover of the calendar. The grand-prize-winning photographer will receive a $100 gift certificate from Kangaroo Blue.
Twelve  winning photographs will be selected to fill the pages of the Kangaroo Blue 2008 calendar. Each winner will receive one  copy of the Kangaroo Blue 2008 calendar and will be fully credited in the calendar.
1. Each entry must be your own product that you've made (cold process soap, hot process soap, bath & body products, candles, home fragrance). Your photograph[s] will be judged based on the color usage, name of your product, texture and creativity.
2. You may use a prop to photograph with your products, and/or feature people or animal along with your products.
2. Each entrant may submit up to three  photographs in total. They can be of the same item or different items. The photograph[s] you submit will be low-resolution images. The winning entrants must be able to submit the winning photo[s] for publication in high-resolution [at least 3 megapixels/300dpi] format. The photograph[s] must be 11" wide x 8.5" tall.
3. 12 [twelve] winning entries will be selected by a panel of judges, and the decisions of those judges are final. Any entrant may win more than once. Each winner's sole compensation in exchange for the use of their photograph in the Kangaroo Blue 2008 calendar consists of the prize[s] described above. There will be one prize awarded per winning photograph.
4. Entries must follow submission rules laid out below. Those that do not follow the rules are subject to disqualification. All entries must be sent electronically; entries cannot be sent via regular postal mail. Kangaroo Blue is not responsible for lost or misdirected entries.
5. Photos MAY have been previously published on your blog or website.
6. All winning photos [the grand-prize winner, 12 runners-up] become the property of Kangaroo Blue, to be used only for the purpose of this contest [website display and publication in the calendar, if applicable].
7. Additions or changes to these rules may be made at the editor's discretion at any time.
1. For each entry [maximum 3], e-mail your photograph at a resolution of 72dp, the photograph[s] must be 11" wide x 8.5" tall to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the following information per entry, please indicate who should be credited for each aspect of the submission. Only one prize will be awarded per winning entry.
Phone (for contacting purposes only from Kangaroo Blue):
Name of product:
* DO NOT SEND HIGH-RESOLUTION PHOTOGRAPHS IN YOUR ENTRY.
* Send all entries [maximum 3] in ONE E-MAIL MESSAGE.
By sending an e-mail entry to this address, you are agreeing to the contest rules above. You are also agreeing to the following statement:
"By my entry[ies] to the Kangaroo Blue 2008 calendar contest, I verify that:
(a) I am the original creator of the photograph[s] submitted with this e-mail, and the owner of copyright therein, and that I grant to Kangaroo Blue an irrevocable, royalty-free license to use and distribute the photograph[s] in print, electronic, and/or computer-readable media;
(b) I am authorized by the creator of the photograph[s] or owner of copyright in the photograph[s] to submit these photograph[s] to Kangaroo Blue and to grant to Kangaroo Blue an irrevocable, royalty-free license to use and distribute the photograph[s] in print, electronic, and/or computer-readable media;
and I further warrant that neither I nor the creator of the photograph[s] have infringed and/or violated the existing intellectual property rights of any third person in the creation of the photograph[s]. Further, I agree to hold Kangaroo Blue and its editors and publisher harmless from any and all expenses, losses, liabilities, damages or third-party claims that may arise from any infringement and/or violation of such intellectual property rights. The acceptance of my entry[ies] shall constitute full consideration for all electronic and/or computer-readable media use and distribution rights, and the selection of my entry as a winning entry shall constitute full consideration for all print, electronic, and/or computer-readable media use and distribution rights."
2. The photographers of the 12 winning entries and the grand-prize winner will be contacted by e-mail on or after the date the fall 2007 issue of Kangaroo Blue goes live. The winning entrants must provide, within 7 days of this e-mail notification, a high-resolution version [300dpi or higher] of their winning photograph[s] sized 11" wide x 8.5" tall. Entrants that are unable to provide the high-resolution picture to these specifications within 7 days will be disqualified and a new winner will be chosen.
3. Deadline: All entries must be received at this address by September 30, 2007. The winners will be announced in the late fall, the calendar will be available for sale shortly thereafter.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Win $100 in cash prize money by being the first person to correctly identify this crazy trio. Winning is easy just by naming the first and last name of the person in the caricature.
Hurry! Contest winner will be announced at the upcoming ISCOCAN Convention scheduled to be held Aug. 11 in Naperville, IL.
All three caricatures must be correctly identified by first and last name. The first person to accomplish the task by Friday, August 10, 2007, by midnight will receive $100 in cash prize money.
Registration is via online only. The official voting site is http://www.soapincontest.com/
Up to $300.00 ($100 each) at three of your favorite vendors! All you have to do is to guess the name of this dynamitic trio. The title for this bunch certainly lives up to itself. This crazy trio has a name. They are proclaiming themselves as if they were really something special. The entire plot was inspired and conceived at a recent conference and it was shared by fellow soapmaker. The whole truth and all the details of the story behind the inspiration for the contest will be revealed at the outcome of the contest.
This threesome has been seen at main-stream soapmaker’s conferences a lot lately. What is their plan? What their motive for creating a group like this?
If no one wins by Aug. 1, new hints will be given
Stay tuned to learn these answers and more at the outcome of the contest
More than likely the winner will come from a pool of attendees from gatherings or conferences
Stay tuned for details as the leads come in. Talk it up at any of your commonly visited Yahoo boards or other forums. Hey! Its FREE MONEY! And it’s going to great fun to see who will win. Who will it be? Maybe you? Enter contest today.
Winners will be announced at the upcoming ISOCAN Conference in Naperville, IL, on Aug. 11, 2007.
WHO CAN ENTER TO WIN?
Anyone who makes soap may participate. Register your guess today!
Monday, July 2, 2007
Until July 8th, you can get a HUGE 25% saving on all of your Kangaroo Blue packaging purchases. Just enter the coupon code FREEDOM in the coupon code redemption box when checking out!!
Disclaimer: Jars are excluded from this offer, no adjustments will be made for prior purchases.
Visit us today