Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ostrich & Emu Oil Soap, Fabo!




Sandy F. from Nebraska Sunset Soap sent me a bar of Emu Oil & Buttermailk Powder Soap for sensitive skin, scented with Lavender Vanilla & Gardenia and

Ilene S. from The Michigan Country Soapworks sent me a bar of Ostrich & Emu Oil Soap (unscented & uncolored)

This is after I posted a message asking about the difference in a bar of soap with the emu oil added. After finishing my current soap in the shower, I couldn't wait to dive into using one of these, let me tell you... wow, what a difference!!!

Whenever my customers ask me what applications our emu oil are ideal for, I ALWAYS recommend that they use the emu oil in a leave-on product such as lotion, cream, lip balm etc but not in soaps because after all you are washing the soap off after just a few minutes of lathering to take full advantage of emu oil's benefits. To give these soaps a fair review, I used them exclusively for a week each and the difference is amazing. My soap is already moisturizing, but after trying these soaps I have to say... I just might have to re-formulate my recipe and add 15% of emu oil to the luxury line!

Thank you ladies for the fabulous soaps, they are truly moisturizing and felt like silk on my skin!! You ladies have just sold me over to add emu oil to my recipe ;-) Oh, I have to order a bar from Patti to try as well. I just haven't had time to place my order yet :)... We went up to Wisconsin Dells last weekend, I will post more about it in another thread with pictures! We had so much fun!! For those looking for good quality emu oil soaps, I highly recommend checking out Sandy and Ilene's!

Anyway, in case you are wondering about the benefits and properities of emu oil, here are some of them!

  • skin rejuvenation
  • relief for joint pain and sore muscles
  • anti-inflammatory
  • highly penetrating, non-greasy, absorbs without leaving a greasy feel
  • moisturising
  • wound healing agent
  • excellent emulsifier
  • anti-Aging Effect
  • scar prevention

Applications:

  • lotions
  • creams
  • lotion balms
  • hair care
  • sun care products
  • anti-aging products
  • massage oil
  • and SOAPS! ;)